Aquafit NS has a smooth white surface. The material is suitable for a very wide product range. It is an excellent choice for orthoses both large and small, according to the thickness you select. When the coating is removed, all attachments can be adhered by using dry heat.
- Transparent when activated.
- Excellent stretch (1000 %) without tearing.
- Non-stick coated material.
- Excellent elastic memory (100 %).
- Easy to trim edges.
- Available in high stretch (soft) version and low stretch (stiff) version.
- Antibacterial property.
How it works and looks
- Transparency indicates when the material is ready to mould. Allows for proper alignment and visual monitoring over anatomical landmarks.
- Very precise moulding conforms to patient anatomy, for example in the hand arches and first web space. Accurate moulding improves correct dispersion of skin pressure.
- No accidental bonding. Coating allows for temporary bonding during fabrication. Reliable permanent bonding is possible after removing the coating and using dry heat. All attachments and outriggers can be applied with maximum ease. Aesthetically pleasing shiny white surface. Prevents the material to stick onto bandages or cotton lining.
- Completely remouldable and can be adjusted easily after reheating locally. Avoids waste of material.
- Extreme patient comfort.
- Soft version has less resistance to stretch and more drape. Stiff version has increased resistance to stretch and less drape.
- Unlimited potential for fabrication of very large to very small upper and lower extremity orthoses.
- Soft: small finger orthoses, thumb orthoses, hand orthoses, wrist, wrist /thumb, elbow orthoses, cervical collars, toe orthoses.
- Stiff: large orthoses, long arm orthoses, AFO’s and fracture bracing (if applied circumferentially).
- Non-stick coating allows to mould directly onto bandages and cotton linings in post-surgical conditions.
Excellent material for the fabrication of hard shell pressure masks used to ensure excellent scar healing for the treatment of burned patients.
Visit our Product Information & Education page for instructional videos, upcoming splinting workshops, guides for the fabrication of static and dynamic splints and frequently asked questions.