Orficast is a unique thermoformable thermoplastic material on a roll. It offers extreme comfort for your patients and is very easy to use. This thermoplastic material is ideal for all applications of finger and/or thumb orthoses and supportive bandage wraps.
- Thermoplastic material on a 3-metre roll.
- Excellent elasticity in two directions.
- Adaptable when needed.
- Thin and breathable fabric-like material
- Easy to cut.
- Self-adhesive capacity, especially when dry heated.
How it works and looks
- Material on a roll allows to use circumferential wrapping and moulding technique. Time saving. No need to make a pattern.
- Perfect size (width) for small and larger orthoses. Can accommodate different sized fingers and different orthotic designs.
- Allows precise modelling conform the patient anatomy, for example in the web space.
- Orthoses can be adapted when corrections are needed. Avoids waste of material.
- Soft touch feeling and smooth edges. Lightweight. Allows ventilation. Prevents maceration of the skin. Excellent patient comfort and compliance.
- Allows to easily cut small pieces to use as reinforcement of the orthoses when desired.
- Overlapping seams are not perceptible on the inside. Application of multiple layers raises rigidity and stability of the orthoses.
- Perfect to use in case of traumatic and orthopaedic conditions which require quick and easy orthoses.
- Recommended as first aid product for quick immobilization and stabilization after injury.
- All types of immobilization finger orthoses, and hand based wrist and thumb orthoses.
- Precise modelling and snug fit prevent pressure points.
- Allows to fabricate static progressive orthoses to regain range of motion.
- Also recommended to use in case of fragile skin, for example for patients suffering a poly-arthritic condition.
- Fabrication of larger orthoses will require dry heat for bonding.