Orfit NS is ideal for all splint types. It is an excellent base for different attachments, if you scratch the coating, and has unlimited potential for the fabrication of very small to very large orthoses, according to the thickness you select. The unique non-stick coating eliminates accidental adhesions (on bandages for example) but allows for temporary bonding while the product is warm.
- Transparent when activated.
- Excellent stretch (1000 %) without tearing.
- Non-stick coated material.
- Full elastic memory (100 %)
- Easy to trim edges.
- Antibacterial property.
How it works and looks
- Transparency indicates when the material is ready to mould. Allows for proper alignment and visual monitoring over anatomical landmarks.
- Very precise moulding conforms to patient anatomy, for example in the hand arches and first web space. Accurate moulding improves correct dispersion of skin pressure.
- No accidental bonding. Coating allows for temporary bonding during fabrication. Reliable permanent bonding is possible after removing the coating and using dry heat. All attachments and outriggers can be applied with maximum ease. Prevents the material to stick onto bandages or cotton lining.
- Completely remouldable and can be adjusted easily after reheating locally. Avoids waste of material.
- Extreme patient comfort.
- Unlimited potential for fabrication of very large to very small orthoses.
- Non-stick coating allows to mould directly onto bandages and cotton linings in post-surgical conditions.
- Excellent material for the fabrication of hard shell pressure masks used to ensure excellent scar healing for the treatment of burned patients.
Visit our Product Information & Education page for instructional videos, upcoming splinting workshops, guides for the fabrication of static and dynamic splints and frequently asked questions.