Orfitrans Excel is a new PE-copolymer which is suitable for orthotics and flexible prosthetic sockets. Orfitrans Excel is available as a semi-transparent and black version. The material pulls very easy and doesn’t feel tacky or sticky which results in an outstanding comfort for the patient.
- Very low shrinkage during activation.
- The material will keep the shape and dimension determined by the mold – no significant change of the shape of a prosthetic socket over time.
- Very easy to mold after activation.
- Drapes nicely.
- Very low cold flow.
- No acid smell.
Moderate bending modulus
- Allows functional mobility and muscle movement.
- Improves comfort.
- Avoids stiffness of joints.
- 8% lighter than EVA-types.
- Increased patient comfort.
- Can be reheated and remolded.
- Easy relief of pressure points.
- Correction of the shape of an orthotic is possible in case of error or adaptation.
- Prolongs the shelf life of the material.
- No yellowing.
- Not susceptible to aging under normal storage conditions.
- Allows for more flexible inventory.
- Can be activated in convection oven at 130°C / 266°F.
- Activation time according to thickness.
- Excellent for orthotics of hand, wrist and ankle/foot.
- Excellent for prosthetic sockets and liners.
Technical data sheet
Safety data sheet