Patient Transfer Solutions
Zephyr Patient Positioning and Transfer Systems make it easy and efficient to set up, scan, plan, transfer, and treat patients in the same position — all while minimizing the risks of patient movement and discomfort. Moving even your largest patients couldn’t be easier or more efficient.
Zephyr Hoverboards were developed to overcome the challenges of transferring a patient prepared for a medical procedure from one location to another location:
- Inability to maintain sub-millimeter immobilization of patients
- Physical stress and possible risk of injury to medical staff trying to move patients
- Physical stress on patients and management of the associated clinical devices
- Additional medical personnel to transfer patients
Benefits of Zephyr Hover Technology:
- Ability to integrate CT, MRI, or other imaging modalities into the patient workflow
- Maintain sub-millimeter immobilization of the patient through the transfer process
- Implement safe patient transfer procedures while reducing staff injuries and lost productivity
- Safely move a patient weighing up to 204 kg (450 lbs)
- Improved patient care by implementing a safe, easy, and gentle transfer
Orfit is the official distributor of Diacor’s Zephyr systems in the USA, Canada, France, and Benelux.
MR-Guided Brachytherapy with Zephyr HDR
The Zephyr HDR system utilizes patented hover technology to allow patient transfer from imaging to treatment while maintaining patient positioning and minimizing the risk of needle/applicator displacement. Integrating the Zephyr HDR for your brachytherapy procedures allows the incorporation of valuable 3D dosimetric data from CT/MR imaging, providing more accuracy in today’s brachytherapy procedures.
- Improve accuracy of HDR treatment;
- Reduce staff requirements & injuries;
- Increase patient comfort and safety;
- Can be utilized in CT or MR
Learn here how Willis-Knighton Cancer Center optimizes its brachytherapy workflow with Zephyr HDR.
“With the Zephyr equipment, we can transfer patients more easily and safely, while ensuring they are as comfortable as possible.” – Daniel Spier, Chief Therapist and Compliance Officer, Willis-Knighton Cancer Center
Zephyr XL – Zephyr HP – Zephyr HP PRO
Maximizing machine treatment time is essential to increase patient throughput. Complex patient set-up and immobilization consume this valuable time. Utilizing patented hover technology, the Zephyr XL allows patients to be set up and immobilized in a separate staging area. Initial studies have shown a 30% increase in patient throughput without sacrificing treatment accuracy.
- Enables transferring an immobilized patient from imaging to treatment with accuracy
- Improve patient workflow;
- Increases patient comfort and staff safety
Initial studies have shown a 30% increase in patient throughput without sacrificing treatment accuracy.
– DANIEL SPIER, CHIEF THERAPIST AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER, WILLIS-KNIGHTON CANCER CENTER